Never before have I been so pleased to be woken up by the phone at 7.30am - the council guy calling to say the consent was done - then he asked if it was too early - and that he had been at work since 6.30 (that was supposed to make me feel better that they had taken 25 business days to grant consent?)
Yaaaaayyyyyy
Texted Warren from Econobuilt and emailed David.
Then we headed off to Kumeu to meet the new office landlord and get the key - then got some keys cut, then had some coffee and food, and headed to the block to mark out the fence posts. We marked them with pigtails so we could get a good idea of what it would look like. $4 each and I bought 60! Oh well - I am sure they will come in handy.
Two hours we did it in - quite impressive - rushed home to meet the PABX man and he had already done it all.... Shelley has her leg in plaster...
Started packing up some of the office stuff tonight and watched 3 catch up episodes of Coro St.
Tomorrow we hire a truck to move the office stuff to Kumeu.
David from Econobuilt said today "You will be impressed with how fast Neil the builder will get the building finished. He is our best and fastest builder and we have managed to shuffle all our other jobs so we can have the best chance of having him finish the job as soon as possible for you".
We have changed the colour steel colours to brown tones instead of greens and creams - yay. Glad I spoke up about that - both George and I wanted brown all along! Doh!
No photos today sorry.
Fence posts going in tomorrow.

1 comment:
hooray for lift off! so pleased for you!no stopping you after all the delays. yay!!!
not long now!
Post a Comment