Thursday, March 14, 2013

March already - how did that happen

Summer always goes so fast - and boy what a summer we have had, almost endless days of heat and sunshine since Xmas. It hasn't rained since February 5 and even then it was only 17mm for the whole month. It's just ben amazing. I've been busy with work and not doing as much with the horses as I'd like to - but that comes with having a seasonal business.

Mum and Richard came to stay so that got us out and about a bit to Takapuna Beach....


Muriwai ...


and Mangawhai. We also found Mangawhai Heads beach which was amazing.





George's 50th came and went - I managed to sneak in a couple of extra surprise guests which was nice. We had it as Gusto Italiano in Ponsonby - seriously delicious food there!
 

The weather, like I said has been gorgeous - although we have had to get a tank load of water for the first time in 5 years!

Chickens are doing great although One Eye went missing the day after Mum flew home. So we replaced her with "Number 2".
She's much braver and sticks to L'Oreal like glue which is great. She laid eggs from Day 1 at our place.
We get two a day without fail - we find it hard to keep up to be honest.



 Oh this is the yummy gluten free cake we had at Takapuna Beach Cafe, with Jean and John.... yummy.


 So while we are on the subject of food.... we have found this amazing cafe called Catroux - this is their muesli - how is that for a cool photo!!
It's in Pt Chevalier and down the bottom of that road is this!



Then we finally got to Raglan again too and I liked this back drop after we returned to Parakai - the crazy meat bombs.
 Mum took this photo of Archie - how cute is that. He's growing up so fast.



The boys when we had grass! George has painted the round pen for me and I'm getting some rubber delivered tomorrow. All in all a fab summer in our little piece of paradise.


No comments: