Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Vegetarian Christmas Day

With my Hashimotos Disease the doctors suggested I go gluten free. I'm already dairy free as I'm allergic to that so it was a challenge but Mum sent me some great recipes, I only needed to change one a little to make it work.

First I made cashew, carrot and pumpkin dip. It had fennel, coriander and cumin and rice milk in - all blended up. Then I toasted gluten free bread which I'd got from the Ponsonby Market the day before.

Then I made salmon on Moroccan salad...the salad had finely chopped beans, red onion, mint and coriander. Plus - roasted vegetable pie...no pastry though. The base had roasted kumara, tofu, brown rice, eggplant, zucchini and onion mixed with two eggs. Then roasted to,atones on top! Yum. George cooked the salmon on the BBQ.

Yesterday I baked mini chocolate cakes to take to Shawns.

That night we had the pie again plus avocado and rocket salad with walnuts. That was so yummy!!

Dante really enjoyed having us around for the whole day.

Pus sleeping on all the presents!!
Both chickens been sleeping most of the day. L'Oreal seems to really react positively to my voice now. LancĂ´me still has her eye closed and it looks swollen. I have find a chicken forum which has a vet on it - she said to try flax seed oil in it.

 

No comments: